We have a small team of HR experts with a wide range of knowledge and experience to help you through a change programme. Our staff has experience of major, whole college change as well as helping through smaller programmes where you are realigning the staff in a department.
Each member of the team specialises in a particular aspect and in this way we can make sure you have the right information and expertise to hand at whatever stage you find yourself.
Typical projects our staff have handled for our clients:
Assisting you with the HR aspects of a merger: harmonising policies; advising on organisation design, drafting job descriptions, matching and managing pools of staff
- Assisting in merger preparations and execution
- Negotiating and consulting with the unions
- Matching jobs and selecting from pools of staff
- Harmonising or developing new policies
- Advising on organisation design
- Drafting job descriptions
- Providing on-site assistance as an interim personnel executive
We have considerable experience in this area. Whether you are considering merging, or have already made the decision to, we can provide the information and advice you need to make it go as smoothly as possible. Services we can provide are as follows:
- Designing sound and flexible structures
- Preparation of key policy and procedures documentation top smooth the change and make sure staff are treated properly
- Selection of staff for new roles/vacancies
- Handling redundancy and redeployment issues
- Training new managers in interviewing skills or displaced staff in interviewee skills
- Outplacement and career counselling programmes
- Helping you gain commitment from staff after organisational change
Organisation and Reorganisation
In order to maintain a flexible working structure it is important to consider the way staff work and ensure that they have the "space" to operate effectively within the specifications of your Academy or College.
We can assist by helping you undertake a wide range of jobs, from full scale reorganisations down to developing a new job description for that special job.
- Designing appropriate work structures
- Documenting jobs and roles
- Designing person specifications
- Setting out assessment criteria
- Helping you consult with staff and unions
When making change you will want to reduce the adverse impact on staff who are
forced to exit. Sometimes individuals take the decision to leave and feel
they need support to start the next phase in their career or sometimes they
are just in the wrong place at the wrong time and suffer redundancy because
of organisational change. Whatever the situation we have people who can
Over the years have helped many organisations provide some support to those
leaving as a result of change programmes. Our help is always tailored to
your budget and means, as well as taking in to account the needs of the
population needing help. We have also helped individuals rise to the
challenge of being interviewed and assessed for that next important move.
Typically we can provide:
1:1 support across a range of activities and workshops on a variety of
- CV writing and presentations
- Interview skills - being interviewed
- Assessment techniques and what to expect
- Effective job search
- How to exploit the unadvertised job market
- Marketing yourself effectively
Or we can put together a workshop that includes some touches of all these.
If you want to be able to point individuals amongst your staff for help on a
more personal level we can help there too - see this link.